Our vision and mission is to bring digital to every person, home and organization for a fully connected, intelligent world.
Noah’s Ark Lab is the AI research center of Huawei Technologies, with offices in Hong Kong, Shenzhen, Beijing, Shanghai, Xi’an, Nanjing, Hefei, London, Paris, Toronto, Montreal, Edmonton, and more.
The mission of the lab is to make significant contributions to both the company and society by innovating on Artificial Intelligence, Data Mining and related fields. Mainly driven by long-term and big-impact projects, research in the lab aims to advance the state of the art in the fields as well as to harness the products and services of the company, at each stage of the innovation process. As a world-class research lab, we are pushing the frontier of Research and Development in all areas that we work in. We dare to address both the challenges and opportunities in the era of AI and Big Data, to revolutionize the ways in which people work and live, and the ways in which companies do business, by integrating intelligence in of all processes; our credo is ‘from big data to deep knowledge’. Research areas of the lab mainly include Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing, Search & Recommendation, Decision-Making and Reasoning, AI Theory, and AI System Engineering. Founded in 2012, the lab has now grown to be a research organization with many significant achievements in both academia and industry. We welcome talented researchers and engineers to join us and realize their dreams.
The London Noah’s Ark Lab is dedicated to research and applications of Natural Language Processing utilizing large-scale pre-trained models. The London branch of the lab was established over 4 years ago, and has since established itself through numerous collaborations with business and academic partners, exhibiting an excellent track record of internal awards, academic publications, and a high standing in challenges and competitions.
Large Language Models (LLMs) have shown remarkable abilities to perform reasoning in various tasks. By training on large natural language corpora, LLMs have developed a wide range of knowledge and linguistic abilities, allowing them to perform complex reasoning tasks. They can process and understand natural language, as well as generate coherent responses. Recent works have shown the LLMs’ potential in autonomous agents. They can tackle complex decision-making scenarios conditioned on provided information and generate insightful recommendations. With these abilities, LLM-based AI Agents have immense potential to assist humans in several intellectual tasks and contribute to our understanding and solving of complex problems.
We are looking for Research Scientists with prior experience in LLMs and AI Agent. In this role, the successful candidate will conduct academic and applied research in the field of AI Agent. Opportunities for collaboration with world-class academic organizations are provided. The long-term goal of this project is the utilization of LLM-based AI Agent for decision-making and reasoning. The candidate will work on individual or team projects which will involve the utilization of LLMs for the development of planning, reasoning, memory, reflection, too-use and communication abilities.
· Carry out a literature review and investigate the state-of-the-art AI Agent frameworks and models.
· Work on solving important challenges and conduct cutting-edge research in LLM-based AI Agent.
· Build benchmarks/baselines using public datasets.
· Finetune LLMs on novel, applicable and practical tasks.
· Model evaluation and refinement.
· Publish research papers at top-tier NLP/ML/AI conferences and journals.
Successful candidates should be/have
· Published in top-tier NLP/AI/ML conferences and top-tier journals as the first author.
. Creative and innovative.
· Able to convert an idea into a prototype efficiently, optimize its cost and drive the implementation.
· Excellent knowledge of existing LLMs and AI Agent.
· Result-driven with good communication skills; be able to work efficiently in a multi-cultural, multi-site, multi-language and changing environment.
· Excellent root cause analysis and problem-solving skills.
· Focused, pro-active and motivated.
· Open-minded and able to learn fast.
· Able to work autonomously and as part of a team of research and technical experts.
· Broad knowledge, be versatile and hands on.
· Demonstrated ability to generate new ideas and innovate.
Ideal candidates should have (desirable)
· A PhD degree in Natural Language Processing/Machine Learning or related areas, with a focus on LLMs and AI Agent.
· A strong research track record, and have published in top-tier NLP/AI/ML conferences including NeurIPS, ICLR, ICML, ACL, NAACL, EMNLP, EACL, and top-tier journals.
. Excellent knowledge of LangChain, Auto-GPT, RL, MAS.
If you wish to apply for this position and believe your experience and skills are suitable, please email a copy of your CV and cover letter to
Through applying for this position you agree to our Privacy Notice. For further details please follow the link : http://career.huawei.com/reccampportal/portal/hrd/weu_rec_all.html