techUK is a membership organisation that brings together people, companies and organisations to realise the positive outcomes of what digital technology can achieve in collaboration with our sister company TechSkills.org. We collaborate across business, government and stakeholders to fulfil the potential of technology to deliver a stronger society and more sustainable future.
Job Title: Head of AI, Data Analytics and Digital ID
Location: London / Hybrid
Salary: £45,000 – £60,000 per annum, based upon experience
Job Type: 10 Months fixed term contract, (maternity leave cover)
Working Hours: Full time, 35 hours
techUK is the trade association which brings together people, companies, and organisations to realise the positive outcomes of what digital technology can achieve. With 1000 members (the majority of which are SMEs) across the UK, techUK creates a network for innovation and collaboration across business, government, and stakeholders to provide a better future for people, society, the economy, and the planet.
By providing expertise and insight, we support our members, partners, and stakeholders as they prepare the UK for what comes next in a constantly changing world.
About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced leader and driven individual to manage, support and drive forward techUK’s established work programmes on AI, Data Analytics and Digital Identity.
- Provide strategic leadership, direction and management of the AI, Data Analytics and Digital ID work programmes managing the work of the relevant Programme Managers
- Champion and represent the views of techUK and its members during engagements with government departments and key stakeholders. Build and maintain relationships with key government departments, including the Department for Science, Technology and Innovation (DSIT), and key stakeholders
- Be a knowledgeable, informed and trusted single point of contact for techUK staff and members on issues related to AI, Data Analytics and Digital ID
- Manage and deliver regular meetings of techUK’s Data Analytics and AI Leadership Committee, Digital Ethics and Governance Working Group and Digital Identity Working Group working with relevant Programme Managers
- Deliver a regular drumbeat of activities and events involving members including a programme of events, briefings, meetings, and workshops, convening industry and key stakeholders
- Lead the development and management of projects, white papers, policy positions, briefings and consultation responses that aim to resolve shared challenges between the technology industry and the wider economy
- Work closely with and liaise with other techUK teams, specifically the Policy and Market programmes, to identify opportunities to work and engage with other relevant member focused programmes
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Strong interest in AI, Data and Digital Identity technologies
- An understanding of the current and live discussion and issues surrounding the increased adoption, deployment use and governance of AI including AI regulation, safety, assurance as well as awareness of the ethical issues raised by this emerging technology
- An understanding of the UK digital identity landscape, including knowledge of the relevant government strategies/interventions and their potential impact on industry
- A proven track record of building and maintaining strategic relationships across government and industry.
- Experience of responding to government and Parliamentary consultation including managing a consultation process and writing formal responses
- Experience of developing, managing and running flagship events as well as briefings, and webinars for a wide range of stakeholders, ensuring accuracy and attention to detail
- A broad understanding of the role of trade bodies
- Ability to develop and then effectively communicate messages to a broad range of stakeholders and draft policy positions on their behalf
- Ability to manage three direct line reports and provide strategic leadership and direction to a number of areas of work as well as identify opportunities for cross programme working and coordination
- Experience in responding to government-led consultations on behalf of a broad range of stakeholders
- Good leadership, management and organisational skills, particularly able to prioritise tasks, provide strategic direction and leadership and with good attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate technical and policy information effectively to a range of audiences
- Experience in commercial sales and understanding of sales targets and ability to manage budgets
This is a 10 month fixed-term contract on a full time basis, based out of techUK’s London offices, however techUK operates a flexible working policy.
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK prior to the commencement of employment.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV for this role.